Joining Hands is a Delhi based non-profit organization registered under the Indian Trust Act in 2006. We endeavour to empower the youth from underprivileged families by developing skills leading to employability and therefore providing a sustainable platform.
To EMPOWER lives by identifying, mobilizing and enrolling target individuals for training.
To ENHANCE employability skills by quality training.
To ENHANCE livelihoods by providing job placement opportunities.
What we do
- Launch of new skill development programme in hospitality: Joining Hands launched a new programme in association with Le Meridien, New Delhi to train and equip underprivileged women with necessary skills which will empower them to find jobs in the steadily growing hospitality sector. Smt. Maneka Gandhi, Cabinet Minister for Women & Child Development, Government of India was the Chief Guest at the launch of this skill development initiative.
- INCEPTUM: A platform targeted towards school children aiming at sensitizing them on challenges faced in environmental space. We have been successfully running this event for the last four years with a participation of as many as Twenty Six (26) schools across Delhi-NCR, year on year. The highlight of the event was the new group debate format which received an overwhelming response from one and all.
- Guest Lectures: Joining Hands regularly organizes guest lectures for its students by inviting professionals with proven expertise in various fields which assists in better training outcome.
- Industry exposure visits/ Educational excursion trips: Industry exposure visits and educational excursion trips are organized regularly which help in giving the students an experience of new environments, bonding with fellow mates and teachers, overview of different work culture and enjoying a day away from regular studies. Recently, Joining Hands organized trips for its students to Heritage Transport Museum, Bilaspur and Kingdom of Dreams.
- New Delhi Marathon, 2016: Joining Hands was the official philanthropy partner for the first edition of IDBI Federal Life Insurance, New Delhi Marathon 2016, first full distance marathon in Delhi, organized by NEB Sports. Being part of this initiative, Joining Hands created opportunity for various NGOs to come together under one platform and raise funds for various social causes.
- Volunteers: Joining Hands offers corporate employees, students and others a chance for hands on experience by contributing to its Enhancing Employability Initiative as volunteers. On 3 rd June, 2016 Google volunteers (GServe) visited the Training Center and conducted various activities like sharing computer knowledge, painting activities, personality grooming sessions etc.
- Training Center, Badarpur: Joining Hands Skill Development Training Center, Badarpur strives towards enhancing the skills of the disadvantaged youth of Badarpur and adjoining localities and help them find suitable jobs for themselves. We are training them in Basic Computers, Spoken English, Basic Arithmetic and aspects of personality like communication skills, working in teams, inter-personal relationships etc.